Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Entrance

Ok, heres the start of this. I know people will wonder about the title of my blog. To many people Caverns are frightening or intimidating places. Not to me, deep underground I feel empowered, truly in touch with the Earth and her pulse. Caves can be perilous to explore, so can the Soul. When delving deep into the earth, you must be wary of cave-ins and falling rocks. When gazing upon your own Soul, you must be prepared to not like what you see, to be troubled by what stares back at you. But from both can amazing things be learned. This Journal will be my exploration of my Caverns, of my depths, to face what lays there and learn from it.

Welcome to the Entrance.

Life is funny, how things seem to work out. From unemployment to school, to a job, to meeting a friend, to a possible career, to losing that job. Yet those negative things led me to be happy for the first time in as long as I can remember. I have been called kind, generous, and compassionate. In some situations, perhaps too much, being a friend to a young woman led me to become stuck in a dark place, that only finally seeking other friends and loved ones allowed me the strength break away from. That strength propelled me to move across the country, give up a job and leave family to throw the dice and let it ride on fate's whims. So begins the journey. Through a friend, I discovered druidry, a spiritual path that I had been interested in before, but had no one to talk to about it. In reading and researching it, I have discovered to my surprise that druidry embraces many of the things I do. So I picked up the book on it, read it and am now working on my first steps down its path. That is another purpose of this journal is for me to put down my steps through the forest and the cavern. Fair warning though, in my entries, I will often go down another path for a time, then return back to the original one. So here I grab my walking stick, get some comfortable shoes on, and start hiking, down into the twilight zone of my soul and into the forest of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment